Novemblog #5 - five kind (and easy) things you can do today.

5.11.16

1) Take a carrier bag and a pair of old gloves with you the next time you walk your dog, or go on a dog-less stroll, and pick up some litter. Today I filled one large bag just by taking a very short walk around the block. Litter is a really big problem on our street and if I can make the street nicer for us all with a small bit of effort then it's a job well done. 

2) As someone who has been unwell for a while, which can be very isolating, I understand the importance of having help and company from others. If you've got a friend or family member who is unwell, has had an operation or can't get out and about for any reason, offer to call round to make them a cuppa or some dinner, or ask if they'd like to go for a walk to a local coffee shop. I promise you it will make the world of difference to them. 

3) Knock on your neighbours door before you pop out to the shops to see if they need anything. 

4) Have a sort out through your wardrobes and cupboards. Take any clothes, books and kitchen bits to your local charity shop and blankets/towels to your local animal rescue centre. 

5) Run a bath for your partner/housemate when they get home from a long shift and cook their favourite dinner.


4 comments:

  1. This is lovely!Really enjoying reading your daily blogs. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you're enjoying my daily blog posts - yay! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post! I wish more people realised how isolating it is to live as someone who is unwell. My husband was diagnosed with Leukaemia last June and it has been so isolating and lonely getting him through his journey. No one knows what to say so they say nothing and you end up feeling like nobody cares :( Anyway, keep up the lovely posts! I'm really enjoying Novemblog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry for your husband and to you as well, it must be such a difficult time. It is so true that people tend to stay away because they don't know what to do or say, when they should be trying to say or do anything they can as every little helps! My experience has really taught me a lot about how I want to treat others when they are struggling. Sending you lots of love, and thank you so much for reading my blog :) xxx

      Delete