A picnic at Kedleston Hall and a health/happiness catch up!

22.9.16

It's odd to look at these photos from a couple of weeks ago when the weather was absolutely scorching, as I sit here freezing cold and clutching a heat bag! We took the pugs to Kedleston Hall for a few hours to have a picnic and a stroll around. I'm not sure who handled the heat worse out of me or Lily but suffice to say we didn't stroll for very long, but we did have a lovely picnic and take in the beautiful surroundings.

Since these pictures were taken I have noticed some improvements in my health (not every day, but most days) and some of my chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms seem to be easing up. I'm sleeping so much better and I can feel the benefit of that, even if I don't ever really feel refreshed from the sleep itself. I am currently enjoying a lift of my brain fog and headaches, and my appetite appears sometimes which is quite nice after a year of being nowhere to be seen. I still get debilitating fatigue which can come on suddenly and render me pretty useless, but I am so grateful for everything else easing up for me.

Last weekend we went camping for one night and it made me realise how much I rely on my routine to aid my recovery. Just one night of being cold, skipping meals / not eating healthily, and only getting two hours sleep made the rest of the weekend a bit of a write-off in terms of my health, but I managed some laughs with Paul and our friends and looking back I remember the funny bits and not the bit where I had to borrow a friends hotel room to fall into a coma for the afternoon!

I've had another session with Rebecca at Hello Healing who has given me a few new things to try with food habits and supplements. I am now on magnesium and fish oils, in addition to probiotics which I have been taking since May, and I feel better for taking both already.

I hate to tempt fate but, touch wood, I really feel like I can get a handle on this CFS thing and get back to some sort of normality again!


No comments:

Post a Comment