Happy 7th blog birthday Lily loves Lola! [12.06.09 - 12.06.16]

12.6.16

Seven years... that is actual madness! I feel like so much has been squeezed into those years that it's not possible. 

I started this blog six months after I adopted Lily and Lola, when I was working in a really quiet reception job where there wasn't much to do. I used to religiously read The Tea Drinking English Rose and another which for the life of me I can't find or may not exist anymore. I was obsessed with Nicole Richie around that time and I would spend all my spare money on buying things she had (colourful Missoni scarves and huge Dior sunglasses mainly). I thought maybe I could set up my own blog and it would be a distraction from my tedious job. Not only that but I could document my life, outfits, hair changes, baking, and holidays. So that's what I did. Lily loves Lola was born!


I got a couple of hundred "followers" in my first few weeks which was so exciting. I think most people were there for the cute pugs rather than me, but I'll pretend otherwise. I loved those 2009/2010 blogging days. I attended a few big events with The Body Shop and Illamasqua, I made lots of online friends and I would spend hours and hours working on my blog and detailing the ins and outs of my life.

The blogging world is a very different place now. You're probably not going to see me jetting off on any all expenses paid holidays or sharing any remotely fashionable outfits but you'll continue to see an insight into a pretty normal 30-something year old's life. From Leeds to Sheffield. From breakups to a new love. From moving house ten billion times to settling in one place. From Lily and Lola being young whippersnappers to little old ladies. From my barnet being brown, blonde, ombre, long, short, and everything in between. Whether you've been here from the start or you're new, THANK YOU for reading and I hope you will continue to visit my little space of the internet.


15 comments:

  1. You're right - the blogging world has changed but I've always loved your blog and your content - looking forward to reading more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, it means a lot to hear that! xx

      Delete
  2. Happy blogging birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 7 years Victoria! I genuinely think I've been reading for 7 years, heh. Yours, along with Milly's, Zoe's and Ella Cinderella were among the first ever blogs I discovered! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella Cinderella.. I wonder what happened to her!
      Thanks for reading all this time :) xx

      Delete
  4. Your blog was one of the first ones I ever stumbled upon back when I was just figuring out how to use Blogger...it's crazy how much the blogging world has changed since then but I always enjoy catching up with yours. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do. Thanks for reading! <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Your blog was one of the first I ever read Victoria! Along with Michelle, and Milly's too :) Happy blogging birthday! The whole blogging world has definitely changed over the years since we started, and I love the fact that you have always stayed completely true to you. Your blog always has been and always will be one of my faves! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh fanks mate! I'm glad you still enjoy reading it xx

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogging Birthday Victoria, I've been following you since the beginning and I love how you've always been yourself and have never sugarcoated anything. The blogging word have certainly changed, maybe in some aspects not for the better, but heres to another 7 years! :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was that other blog you mentioned NICOLE RICHIE ANONYMOUS or something similar to that? I used to love that blog and was really sad when it was no more! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogging birthday! :)
    Your blog is the first foreign blog I started reading years ago, and the only one that I still read regularly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Victoria! Happy blogging birthday! 7 years- this is one big achievement right?!
    I agree it's so different now, I miss the simplicity of blogging. Writing 'just because' you felt like it. Posting snaps of goodness knows what. Ah sigh. I think I need to re live those days and be more like that- carefree and true.
    Blogging birthday wishes!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blog birthday! I met you, holly and Helen at the Manchester illamasqua event, I didn't carry on blogging for much longer though. Still love reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete