Healthy Oat Blueberry Banana muffins (Nic's Nutrition).

31.1.16

I've been quiet on the baking front recently but now that I'm fully moved in with Paul and settled in, and enjoying having a lovely big kitchen, I decided to give some healthy baking a go last weekend. For healthy baking I usually turn to Nic's Nutrition because her recipes are ace. I made her oat and blueberry banana muffins as I already had most of the ingredients in the cupboard so I only needed to pop out for a couple of bits.

For my first attempt I think they came out okay! I'm not sure if my measurements for the "wet" ingredients were quite right and the texture of the muffins are more scone-like than muffin-y, but they're really tasty and were a hit with Paul too!

I have been struggling with my appetite recently, and I feel nauseous most mornings, so breakfast as soon as I wake up isn't always an option. It has been really handy popping a muffin or two in my handbag to eat at my desk with my morning cuppa mid-morning. They came out in a variety of sizes so I find a couple of small ones or one big one would suffice! They're full of oats to keep you full plus other yummy ingredients like honey, cinnamon, bananas and blueberries.

I plan to make these again very soon, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a silicone muffin tray to make them look more uniform in shape and equal in size #saddoalert

Any other breakfast muffin recipes would be gratefully received!



 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. These sound really nice, I love making things that taste good and aren't that bad for you! If you're looking for other healthy recipes i've been loving the ones on Zanna's blog too :) http://www.zannavandijk.co.uk/recipes

    Caz | thisiscaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your appetite will be better soon ... but it looks yummy what you show here!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these look tasty and gluten free too (I'm coeliac)! Bookmarking this for next weekend - they look perfect for a mid-morning snack. Thanks for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I had the same thought and made similar muffins. Great minds!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound lovely. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete