Life lately.

14.3.15

Moving house.
A month ago I moved from Rotherham to Sheffield into my friends spare room. Lily and Lola went to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks while I got settled but they have joined me now. I already feel really settled in my new place and I'm enjoying exploring a new area.


Turning 30.
On the 3rd of February I celebrated(?) my 30th birthday which I was kind of dreading but it turned out to be one of the best days ever. More on that in another blog post though!

A night (or two ten) on the tiles.
I have been out and about a fair bit which feels great. When I was in a relationship I never felt like I couldn't go out and do things but my priorities were different and staying in/working around someone elses schedule made me happy enough. Now I have to make my own fun and I've been enjoying going out round Sheffield although there have been a few sore heads along the way (tequila on a Tuesday night is not the one).

A particular highlight was my employers "annual dinner" which my friends in Marketing and I organised which was a great success, and rather messy!


Working hard.
I am enjoying my job more than ever, especially as it provides some much needed stability when the rest of my life has been falling apart! I am coming up to my 2 year work anniversary and recently started my 'Diploma in HR Practice', receiving some really positive praise on my first assignment.

New hair!
I was fed up of having permanent roots (#naturalbrunetteproblems) so I decided to darken up my roots to go for the ombre look, only about two years late to the party on that one! I'm definitely going to get a darker root next time and bring it down a bit further but for now I'm really happy with the colour and finally have the shade of blonde that I like (it's quite hard to capture it accurately in a photo though). Totally recommend Megan at The Hairband on Eccy Road (Sheffield) if you're on the lookout for someone really good!


Poppy and Dotty.
Moving into a new home comes with two new ladies in my life; Poppy and Dotty the cats! They are still wary of Lily and Lola (who can blame them!) but most of the time they're happy plodding around doing their own thing and come into my room for cuddles occasionally which is rather nice.


Acquiring an injury.
Moving house came with its negatives, one being a rather nasty injury to my left hand/wrist. I thought it was a sprain so I iced it and rested it but after a few weeks of showing no sign of getting better I made my way to the minor injuries centre where I was diagnosed with tendonitis. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I was in a world of pain! But a couple of weeks of wearing a splint and taking anti-inflammatory tablets and it is (touch wood) pretty much back to normal. Hello normal functioning hand! How I have missed you.

Food.
Lots of it. Mainly burgers..


Gym time.
After being a "working out at home" kind of girl for quite some time I joined a gym near my work and, on a good week, go quite often. I enjoy the time away from everything else and working up a good sweat.

Doggy problems.
Lola had to have an operation last week to remove some stones from her bladder. She was initially treated for a bladder infection but after the antibiotics didn't work a bladder scan highlighted the real problem. I didn't half worry when she was under anaesthetic and when I got her home it was so sad to see her in pain and so unlike her normal hyperactive self, but she is on the mend now and I am rejoicing in the fact I have pet insurance!

I think that just about sums it all up. I think I must be due some good luck soon, don't you think??!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

15 comments:

  1. Lovely to read about what you've been up to. Your room looks lovely, very cosy and I bet it's nice to have someone else around rather than be completely on your own. Hope Lola's feeling better soon, I can only imagine how awful it must be to have a poorly pug. Congratulations on nearly 2 years at your job, it's great that you're enjoying it!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Tasha x

    www.hello-freckles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I hope Lola feels better now x

    ancaslifestyle | UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like Jessica Alba in that pic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read an update! :)
    Your bedroom looks so cute and cozy! And your hair looks beautiful!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, it all sounds very positive especially in work so well done! Love how you've decorated your new room too :)

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fairy lights around your bed frame, I'm thinking of doing something similar around my desk and little man's nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your new room looks so lovely! the fairy lights around the bed are so pretty x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new hair and your cats are so cute! x

    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like, like, like your blog! Every post is so interesting!
    You did a great job!

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new room looks stunning! I'm loving the cute fairy lights around the bedhead.

    Also glad to hear you are embracing single life positively :-) xxx

    http://www.tanyablackstar.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah honey I'm so glad your settling into your new lifestyle <3 Sending lots of love to you & Lola x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new hair! I wish I was more daring with mine.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are feeling a bit more like yourself. You look absolutely stunning with your new hair :) also very jealous of your rick astley mug - awesome! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a stunner! You look like Jessica Alba in that selfie!! xx

    ReplyDelete