5 good things (and a few more Florida holiday pics thrown in for good measure!)

12.6.14

Having had a difficult couple of weeks, but feeling refreshed after my trip to the Isle of Man, I thought it might be therapeutic to put together a "5 good things" post to remind myself that things ain't so bad after all!

1) Making more time for the cinema. We recently watched the new X-Men film followed by Maleficent and we loved them both. Maleficent was a fantastic film, right up my street. Angelina Jolie was perfection. As Jonathan gets half price cinema tickets through his new job there are no excuses now!

2) Starting a new exercise regime. Apart from my personal training sessions before Florida I have been a bit lazy with working out but I was keen to get into something fresh and new and structured. I recently bought the Bikini Body Guide from Kayla Itsines who I found through Instagram and started it on Monday. It's tough but manageable and I ache from head to toe so it must be doing something right! Follow my Instagram account (@lilyloveslola) for updates.

3) This post by Sam at Sunshine Sam. What a sweetie saying such nice things about my blog! Other things I'm loving in the world of social media right now are this makeup tutorial, awesome Disney vlogs by Joe & Ashley, recipes on Nics Nutrition, and my email pal Steph's blog LittleMsTitch. Go check 'em all out!

4) Planning 2015 holidays. It has to be done! Potentially visiting Prague, France and... Florida! Just need to tell Jonathan about that last one ;)

5) Trashy telly. I came back from America with an addiction to Say Yes to the Dress, Honey Boo Boo and a whole host of other nonsense. Not to mention my sister has me hooked on Ex on the Beach. Awful! (but I secretly love it).

What are your 5 good things?

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post! It's nice to take a moment to sit back and think about all of the little things that make day-to-day life pretty great.

    I've been trying to make more of an effort with going to the cinema as well - I went to see Maleficent a couple of weeks ago (I'm with you - it was right up my street!) and I want to go see X-Men this weekend. I also love that you're planning your next holiday already - I've booked annual leave from work the first week I've gotten back from holiday before, because it's just so nice to have something to look forward to (even if it is still a while away, just knowing it's coming makes all the difference).

    x

    p.s. you look so beautiful, tanned and relaxed in those holiday photos - and I have major teeth envy! (is that a strange thing to admit?!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love posts like this! It's the small things that make us happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh thank you so much for the mention lovely!! :-) made me smile lots when reading your post. you're too sweet.

    You are looking great in your holiday photo. I have also been glued to Say yes to the dress…not seen ex on the beach tho…may check it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures, look so happy and like you had a lovely time.
    I have seriously lapsed on the exercise front (damn content eating!) so am taking inspiration from you. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've had a bit of a poop time lady, i think life throws us these things to make us stronger - and although we don't like to hear it sometimes, it definitely does get better.
    ALSO TLC is ultimately the best channel - if you love things like say Yes to the dress, then make sure you watch Extreme Couponing - my favourite!! Pass me that trash telly anyday! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see Maleficant!!! I love Movie Nights they are definitely my favourite kind of date night! I also love all your Florida photos, Disney is such a happy place and it brings back brilliant memories whenever I see any photos!! Thanks for the mention too my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you've had a tough couple of weeks but I hope things improve for you from here on. Good luck with your new exercise regime and just to make you feel better, Alex and I are addicted to Ex On The Beach too!

    Caroline x
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you're feeling better. just catching up on your posts :) gorgeous photos!x

    ReplyDelete