Micro pigs and mammoth ice cream sundaes at Matlock Meadows.

19.9.13

Last Sunday we drove to Matlock Meadows, a working dairy farm with a cafe/ice cream parlour and (the best bit) micro pigs, and as it was rather cold and drizzly I got the chance to wrap up warm in my new Joules jacket and took my new Hunter wellies along in case of emergency!

I've got to be honest. I've got so many lovely Autumn-appropriate clothes, boots and jackets stashed away that the arrival of this cold spell has been quite welcome (the rain, not so much).

When we arrived at Matlock Meadows we spotted a large group of children and parents being shown round by a very nice and knowledgeable young chap, so we decided to hit the ice cream parlour to get in there first. There were so many things to choose from in the cafe but in the end we went for an ice cream sundae to share (which included 3 scoops of any flavour, brownie pieces, sauce and sprinkles) and a hot chocolate a piece.

The ice cream was available to buy in tubs and I only wish we had taken a pot of raspberry ripple home with us. It was so good!


The above mentioned boots are the Hunter "short gloss boots" (c/o Sarenza) that I ordered recently which I'm pretty sure I'll get plenty of wear out of with the weather we're bound to have over the next few months. When it gets really bad I'll probably wear them to commute to work to keep my feet nice and dry. No soggy work shoes over here!

The jacket I'm wearing was sent to me from Joules from their new Burghley collection. It's a gorgeous purple colour complete with elbow patches! I love the detail on it and how warm it is and I know it will come in use for our adventures out and about over the Autumn/Winter. It's got some lovely detailing on it as well as pockets. What have I been missing out on all this time, wearing coats without pockets?!

I'm not sure if the rumours of a mini heat wave are true but my coat and wellies are out and they're too beautiful to put away!


After our ice cream we went back outside and were met with the sight of micro pigs, on the loose, running around! They wouldn't let us get too close, but a couple of them weren't as shy and came to have a sniff at us. They really are the cutest things I've ever seen (just don't tell the Pugs I said that).

Whilst outside we also said hello to the rabbits, chickens and sheep before heading back inside to see the cows and more micro pigs! This time tiny little babies (what seemed like hundreds of them) all piled on top of their mums and dads. Cuteness overload, I could hardly bear it!

It's only a small place to visit (we were there just over an hour) but if you're local it's definitely worth a visit. It's totally free to go but just make sure you buy an ice cream! ;)

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

12 comments:

  1. That ice cream looked incredible!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream looked incredible!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok those pigs are way too cute ! Also love your outfit !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I'm hungry looking at that ice cream! Looks like an amazing day, look at the little piggies!

    dp
    x
    Inanity and the Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jacket! Joules is such a lovely brand x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable are those micro pigs, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I want a micro pig! I'm not sure if Jimmy Chew would approve but he's just going to have to lump it :)

    I love the purple jacket.

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. The icecream sundae looks so yummy! Your coat also made me think of cadburys because of the colour! Sounds like you had a lovely day out!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pigs! I love Matlock so will def have to stop in here next time we are in the area. Thanks for sharing the place and that really cute jacket :)

    Dannielle | Chic-a-DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the opportunity to wear Autumn appropriate clothing too! That jacket is lovely, I am quite a fan of Joules clothing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos. Awwh little piggies :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something that makes my heart melt about mini-animals and micro pigs are no different. So cute! Looks like you had a wonderful day.

    Magali x
    Petite Gingembre

    ReplyDelete