Bowie/Ash boots.

5.9.13

Last weekend in the midst of feeling very unwell and rattling from all the antibiotics I was having to take, I tried to perk myself up by wearing a new pair of boots and heading out of the house for a change of scene. 

Although, that trip out of the house ended with regret (and a few tears) as it involved going to the hairdressers to turn my highlighted hair "darker" as I was getting fed up with my roots and felt like it was going a bit too light. Lesson learnt: don't go to the hairdressers and make major colour decisions when feeling unwell as you will regret it.

Anyway, I spent many an internet browsing session lusting after a pair of Ash boots before I took the plunge and ordered the Bowie style in navy blue. I originally wanted one of the lighter colours but decided that dark blue was a far more sensible option and would be easier to match with clothes.


Although they're definitely out of my comfort zone in terms of what I normally wear I really like them and hope I will feel confident wearing them all the time especially as the weather will turn cold soon and I'll need boots to keep my feet warm.

I never thought I would own a pair of wedge trainers in a million years but being an ambassador for Sarenza and having so many beautiful shoes to choose from has really made me try new things and force me to be a bit more trendy (I use the word trendy loosely you understand).

I'm not too sure what to wear them with as I haven't had the chance to have a proper trying on session but while I was feeling unwell wearing them with skinny jeans and a slouchy top worked just fine. You will have to excuse the lack of makeup and chic side bun ;)

Oh highlights, how I miss thee! *sob*
Bowie boots by Ash (c/o Sarenza)

There are so many other beautiful Ash boots that I adore too. Exhibit A: the Yes boots. If only I could say "yes" to them, I'd be a happy girl!

Are you familiar with the Ash brand? Are wedge trainers something you would wear?

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

8 comments:

  1. Ah, they're so nice. Great colour. Your babies seem to be fans too! They're so damn cute.

    Cx
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wedge trainers on other people, I especially like how you've styled them here. My legs aren't quite slim enough to pull them off quite as nicely though!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pugs are so cute! The boots look really comfy, and I definitely like the navy color... I almost always go for darker shoes in the wintertime because I know I'll get them dirty in the rain!

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice. Is that the Topshop marl tshirt you're wearing too? If so I live in mine, comfiest item of clothing ever!

    I'm pretty exciting to start wearing boots again come Autumn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the boots, and navy blue goes with most wardrobe essentials- jeans and even jeggings ;) I think they great! Your little pugs are too cute!

    x Loren
    www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look lovely, really suit you :) I had a pair when they first became popular but just didnt feel right in them!

    hannah bee

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog, and I had to comment to say that I love them! I never thought I would jump on the sneaker wedge trend, but once I got a pair, I love them! I have to admit, the reason I decided to buy a pair was a picture I saw of Jessica Alba wearing them.

    -Alyssa
    ethlovesjelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete