Bespectacled.

29.9.13

I love my Ray Bans and my slightly older pair of Converse glasses but I have been on the look out for a new pair of glasses for a little while. It feels like I have tried on hundreds of pairs but haven't been able to find the right ones.

I wish I didn't need glasses at all and I long for the old days when I had perfect vision. But if I need them then I may as well have lots of pretty pairs, no?

Ordering glasses online without trying them on first might be risky but that's what I did when I bought my Ray Bans so, when MyOptique offered to send me a pair of glasses from the London Retro range I was really excited and got to work picking a pair. It's not a brand I was too familiar with but after a quick browse through the styles I soon became a big fan!


I found it quite difficult to decide on the right pair as they have so many styles that are right up my street, but in the end I decide that the Piccadilly style were my favourite.

The Piccadilly frames are a cute style, slightly different to my Ray Bans and Converse as they're more rounded in shape. They're just the right amount of quirky without looking OTT and they're different enough to my other glasses so that I can mix things up a bit.


They arrived quickly and well packaged. The prescription is spot on and they're so lightweight which makes a welcome change to my heavy Ray Bans which leave me with unsightly indents at the top of my nose.

They are slightly smaller than I was expecting but this is a good thing as I think if they were any larger they perhaps might not suit me. I must admit I was nervous about ordering a different shape to what I'm used to but I'm really happy with them.

Buying glasses online is risky but the prices are so much more reasonable than in store and if you know what suits your face shape it's a no brainer! £79 for frames and scratch-resistant, anti-reflective lenses is such good value and the variety of frames on offer by London Retro is really varied and unique.


London Retro's new autumn/winter collection takes its inspiration from one of London's most iconic landmarks, the London Underground, combining retro shapes with the season's key colour and fabrication trends. The collection is available exclusively from MyOptique.com, all priced at £79.

Do you have a favourite style? What do you think of the Piccadilly pair I'm wearing?

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

18 comments:

  1. Oh they look lovely on you! I always find it quite hard to buy glasses as they tend to look too small on my face - but those frames look like the might fit the bill.

    Maryam @ www.softandcosy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses are lovely - they really suit you! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These glasses look gorgeous on you! I only own one pair of glasses and when I bought them I ended up going for one of the most expensive pairs in the shop. Ooops. However, when I buy another pair, I'll definitely be looking online as it seems like you can get much better deals.

    Lucy x The New Northerner

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose a great pair, they look so good on you and you look gorgeous! I used to wear glasses until I got laser eye surgery last year and oddly enough I do miss my glasses sometimes but then I remember what a pain it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so lovely on you! I'd love to try some.
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, great choice! They really suit your face shape. You look lovely in them! :)

    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a limited edition of Ray Bans that I absolutely love. I like the idea of having different styles of glasses - I ideally would love no glasses but sometimes I like to use them as a accessory.
    www.caitlinannexo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look gorgeous, loving the wildfox jumper too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely! They really suit you.

    I bought some new glasses last week and I can't wait to pick them up on Wednesday. So fed up of my old ones at the moment that I wear my contacts too much. I want to like how I look in my glasses.

    Beth // SANS SOUCI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look really lovely on you. I love the shape. I really want to have a whole array of glasses now that I have actually embraced wearing them again. I also find glasses look small on my face. Think I just have a massive head, so I'm always a bit weary of buying them online without trying them first.

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these frames on you! they look so good :) I don't wear prescription glasses but a few times I've wanted to order a pair of sunnies online and i held back because I had no idea what they would look like on me!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great on you. I currently only have one pair of glasses. I think its nice to have a variety of different frames though, you can mix them up depending on how youre feeling that day!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing choice of frames - i like my glasses the bigger the better!
    sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's seeing posts like these that make me wish I had to wear glasses!

    You look lovely :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when I have to get new glasses, it is always so hard trying to find good ones that suit you, maybe that is just an issue me and my own face have though. Anyway, these glasses look amazing on you. What a perfect shape for your face. Enjoy them!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They suit you so well <3 I have a pair of big chunky "geek" glasses love em

    Emma xo

    www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh. my. goodness. Where is your top from? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look lovely :) In need of a new pair of glasses. Might just have to invest x

    http://dress-you-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete