Isle of Man photo diary (part 1).

14.8.13

Last Thursday Jonathan and I flew to the Isle of Man, on a flight so short I didn't even manage to read one chapter of my book, to visit my sister and her husband who live over there.

Our flight landed at around 4.30pm so by the time we got to their house, had a grand tour and a catch up it was time for dinner. My sister cooked for us and for dessert made melt in the middle chocolate puddings with vanilla ice cream which were simply divine! The rest of the evening was pretty chilled with a game of Cranium (my favourite!) and a few episodes of Big Bang Theory on the go.


Friday was our first full day so after a cheeky sleep-in (something we don't get very often with two little Pugs around) we headed out to explore. We were driven round the island and managed to see quite a bit as it's so small and easy to get from one place to the next. Everything was so picturesque so my camera definitely came in handy while we were exploring. We had a lovely time stopping off at various places to walk around and take in the surroundings.

We stopped for lunch and rested our feet for a little while before having ice cream (rum and raisin for me, Mr Whippy topping for Jonathan) and heading off for more driving/sightseeing.

That evening we walked into Peel for drinks and dinner (bread followed by three courses plus champagne - oh my poor little big belly!) before having a steady walk home to have a Cranium rematch! I do love a good bit of board game rivalry :)

Next time: part 2!


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

22 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lovely time! that little door looks mysterious haha

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is one place that I really need to visit! The beaches look beautiful.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place for a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty! Your sister and her husband are very lucky to live there. Looks like you had a good time, looking forward to part 2 :) The chocolate puddings your sister made sound so nice! As does your ice cream - mmm :) Gorgeous photo of you and Jonathan too, and what a gent carrying your camera bag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this little isle looks so beautiful. I'm putting this on the list of places to go!

    Hope you had a lovely lovely time!

    Dayner x my blog - mozzypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tiny front door is adorable! Sounds like a brilliant visit- board games are the best, and I do love a bit of Cranium. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures - it looks lovely there! That little door is adorable too! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute pictures you had lovely weather :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog site on google and check several of the early posts. Continue to keep up the good work. I just added up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking forward to reading through far more from you later on! Nehru suit

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are so beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely first few days! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such nice pictures, looks like a really great place. It looks like you had a lovely time, and lie ins are always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My parents used to take the weekend at the Isle of Man whenever the fast paced London life got too much for them. Such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute pictures, looks like you had a lovely time.
    I went to the Isle of Man when I was very small and still have the old waxy pound notes that were in circulation then.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a friend who lives on the Island and I thoroughly enjoyed myself visiting her. Living in London, it was quite a difference to wake up and have almost 360 degree views of the sea from her windows. Really beautiful place and we had fun driving from one side of the island to the other!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such nice pictures ! Looks like a great holiday

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a lovely place, have a great time!
    Danielle xo || Lilyofthevalley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stopping by to say hi, I've been reading your blog for about a year and really enjoy your little outings around the uk...especially in the summer as I haven't been back in summertime for years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Isle of Man looks so lovely. :) Great photos
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pics and the small door made me chuckle.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a such a lovely little getaway, you're so lucky to have relatives in such a beautiful place who make delicious food;D

    lily x
    http://www.jolihouse.com/

    ReplyDelete