Ibiza.

23.6.13

After the few days Jonathan and I had in Anglesey (part 2 of that trip will be up soon by the way!) I went to Ibiza with my mum and sister for 4 nights for some sunshine and relaxation. You know it's a good trip when you return home 5lbs heavier!

After our flight was delayed due to strikes in France we eventually arrived at our hotel on the Wednesday afternoon. The S'Argamassa Palace hotel was absolutely lovely - spotlessly clean, very small and quiet, the staff were all lovely and helpful, and our suite was well equipped with a kitchen, big bathroom and a balcony overlooking the pool area (and a sneaky view of the beach and sea).


As we were only a hop, skip and a jump from the weekly Hippy Market we headed there once we had got settled in our room, as my mum and I have been before and really enjoyed looking at all the stalls. I picked up a few bits, being the lover of trinkets that I am!

After a pit stop for ice tea (me) and beer (them two) we popped to a nearby Pascha shop to look at the clothes then found a restaurant and proceeded to consume vast quantities of bread with garlic dip, pizza and more beer!

We had three full days in Ibiza to follow, two of which were spent on our local beach soaking up the glorious sunshine and eating crisps and ice cream. On our final full day we took the water taxi to the old town to browse the shops, have some lunch and take in the sights (we may have also got lost at one point but that did mean we walked past an amazing shop where I bought the most fabulous floppy hat for 10euros *not the one in the photo below - that one is good old M&S*)

There wasn't much time for anything on our final day (Sunday) apart from demolishing another buffet breakfast (what do you mean chocolate milk, scrambled eggs, beans, toast with jam, and doughnuts is too much?) before getting a taxi to the airport and heading home, a little bit tanned, quite tired and very, very full!


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

18 comments:

  1. Aaaah I love Ibiza, last year we stayed in San Antonio which was so much fun but so different to our usual holiday in Ibiza, I missed the hippy market so much! Hope you had a lovely time! x

    http://www.uni-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're giving me travel envy! Would love to go to Ibiza!
    Did you think the 3 days was enough?

    Loved your photos!
    Paris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh1 This sounds like the perfect trip - and I am veru jealous indeed! I went on a few family holidays with my parents over the years to San Antonio and the island is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your snaps :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Unknown - yes but I have been before for a week. I'd say for a first time if you can't go for a week then 4 or 5 days would be fine :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn those plane strikes! My plane to spain last week was delayed by two hours but they didn't tell us until we'd boarded!
    Anyway this holiday looks so relaxing, I've got the ultimate holiday blues at the moment so I'm incredibly jealous.
    Annnnd abroad crisps taste so much better than english crisps

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a beautiful relaxing place! I am counting down the days to my summer holiday :) I love water taxis!

    Beth - Sans Souci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this looks like a perfect trip! Beautiful photos as well.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post has made me even more excited for my holiday in 2 weeks time!
    Sounds like you had a lovely time, beautiful photos - love the one of you overlooking the sea. You're meant to eat lots of naughty things on holiday, sounds like you did well hehe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo's, I love Ibiza, such a great place! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ibiza is one of my dream destinations, so many people have flooded my feed with the beautiful views!

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making me far too excited for my holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just adorable! And what a beautiful place! Your photos are gorgeous!

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been to Ibiza 7 times but only to party and I am ashamed to say I have not really explored the rest of the island! I must go back and actually see it! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time!

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Ibiza and have been 7 times but I am ashamed to say I've not really explored all this beautiful island has to offer! You've made me want to go back and really "see" this island! Your photos are fab!

    Becky - http://red-hot-london.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos, it looks like such a nice place for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're looking fabulous hun! Looks like a lovely place :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks lovely, so refreshing to NOT hear about night long drug fuelled ibiza antics! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely flyby trip. So fresh and not what I would have expected to see from an Ibiza trip!

    ReplyDelete