Falafel burgers.

18.6.12

Since I decided to become a vegetarian all of a sudden a few weeks ago I've been dying to make falafel as I love it so much. I could eat falafel and houmous every day if I could but I fear I'd turn into a giant chickpea...

I found a great recipe for falafel burgers and first tried it out a couple of weekends ago where it was a great success. I enjoyed them so much that I made them again on Saturday.


They are so easy to make. It's just a case of throwing all of your ingredients into a blender and whizzing everything up. The first time I followed the recipe to the letter but the second time I just threw a bit of everything and anything in, and substituted some of the ingredients I didn't have.


Once you've got your falafel mix ready you just make burger size pieces and fry them for about 3-4 minutes each side. The recipe says 3 minutes each side but I found they needed a little longer than this but that's mainly because I wanted them to be quite crispy on the outside.

The first time I served the burgers with toasted pitta bread, salad, homemade chips and some loads of tomato relish. The second time I changed the pitta for a ciabatta.


Yum! They were really tasty and so easy to make. I'm not a great lover of cooking (I prefer baking) but they were a no brainer. You could adapt the recipe and put all sorts of different things in depending on your taste. Plus the best bit is they're only 161 calories per burger if you follow the recipe so it means you can have more chips. Winner!

Little Chef (my helper)

19 comments:

  1. I really need to try making these! I absolutely love falafel [and humous hehe], so yummy! And very good for you too. Welcome to the veggie club! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO yummy! :)

    brighton-girl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks delicious!!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love falafal, I have to have it with lots of chilli sauce or houmous because I find them a bit dry though but so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm vegetarian too and these look delicious! Going to have to try the recipe!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look delicious! i'm not a big meat eater, maybe i should give a dab at making these!
    want your pugs tooo!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now these look super tasty ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yum! I can't get enough of chickpeas for some reason. Will literally eat them out the tin!
    thelifeofemily-alice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE falafel. So yummy.
    It's really nice with some tzatziki in pitta.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, falafel is one of my favourites! I've been a vegetarian for 12 years - and it's definitely gotten me through!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whooza, they look super yummie! I'll definitely try to do the same x

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower! Love your blog.
    These look delicious, I'm always looking for veggie ideas (even though I'm not one!) so will definitely try this =) thanks!
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMM! These look delicious! I was vege a few years back and lived off falafel. Out of interest what made you decide to go vege? How do you find cooking with a meat eater in terms of meals? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. those burgers looks amazing, m hungry now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum. They look good. I'm also veggie. I've been using Hugh Fearnley-Wittingstall's book 'Veg everyday' and some of the recipes in there are amazing. And really easy. Worth a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah chickpeas, they just make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete