Mini egg Rocky Road.

18.2.12

I adore Rocky Road. What's not to love about it. You can whip some up in minutes, there's no baking involved and after a short blast in the fridge it's ready to eat. I've made quite a few batches now and at first I stuck rigidly to recipes which always turned out okay but never perfect. So as a little treat for Jonathan, and because he loves mini eggs so much (see my mini egg cupcakes and cookies here) I thought I'd make a batch of mini egg rocky road. I didn't use a recipe at all, just a little imagination.


Previous recipes I have used included butter, sugar, golden syrup and other such additions to the melted chocolate mix. I decided to omit these things as I find the butter stops the mixture from setting to a chocolate bar consistency, and lets face it - it doesn't need any more sugar!

I used:

3 bars of Sainsbury's own milk chocolate
Marshmallows
Fudge bars
Biscuits (I used hobnobs but any will do!)
Mini eggs

I melted the chocolate in a bowl resting on a pan of boiling water and whilst that was slowly melting I chopped up my goodies. Once the chocolate was fully melted I slowly added my bits and pieces (apart from the mini eggs) until I had enough in there. Don't overload your mixture too soon otherwise your rocky road may end up a bit too rocky.

I transferred my mixture onto some greaseproof paper in a bowl and then pushed mini eggs into the mixture so that they were visible. After a few hours in the fridge they were good to go! I cut them into bitesize pieces and then we proceeded to eat them all within 24 hours. Yum!

What do you put in yours?

28 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I definitely want to make these for Easter :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO doing this! mini eggs and rocky road, what could be better :) x

    sweet monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! No wonder it disappeared very quickly.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!

    Marie x

    marieeeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm they look delicious! I love rocky road so i'll def be trying this ready for easter! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this looks so good! I'm going to try it with creme eggs instead of mini eggs i think! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh send me piccies if you do! x

      Delete
  7. YUM! I made mini egg rocky road last year, may have to make it again soon :) Yours looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious and so quick to make, I'll definitely be trying it for Easter! :)

    Caroline x
    carolinescatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow easy to make! will surely try this =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! Yum:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so scrumptious!! Can't wait to eat it sometime x

    cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! I've never tried making Rocky Road before but I am definitely going to soon, I love marshmallows and chocolate and it is so easy to make!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummm. I'll make these as soon as I figure out what a fudge bar is haha! Is there a particular brand? :)

    Zara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH wait... I see from the picture now that what you mean, their actually called Fudge bars. Wow, I feel stupid hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks lovely. I'd love to try with cream eggs as well. Delish!
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMM, they look yummy, I was tempted to try rocky road with my siblings, but they're too fussy, we made malteser muffins instead... http://dreamsinapoppyfield.blogspot.com/2012/02/sweetscakeyummy.html
    Beth
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh pretty with the mini eggs! I am still a butter/sugar/syrup convert, then I top it with dark chocolate, I guess I like it squidgy! I also love adding sour dried cherries, they are lush with dark choc :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmm I'm going to make this today I think! Loveee mini eggs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore rocky road and mini eggs so these look amazing! Will be making these before long I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually made Rocky Road the other week! However it did not turn out great.. so looking forward to following how you have done yours! Love the way you have put mini eggs in it, yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't made rocky road in ages but I LOVE sour cherries in them! They make it extra amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds amazing!! I am going to give it a go :) Than you for sharing
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made this last night for my flatmates and it was AM-A-ZING! So easy to make and went down a treat!

    ReplyDelete