The Artist.

15.1.12

I went to see The Artist at the cinema yesterday with Jonathan. We saw the trailer a few weeks ago when we watched Hugo and I instantly said "we have to go see that!" I was immediately intrigued and excited to see something so different, and I love the 1920s so I knew it would be a visual treat!

Don't be put off by the fact this is a silent movie. You soon forget as the storyline and characters are so captivating. The two main characters are wonderful and really made me feel like I was watching a film straight out of the 20s. It made me laugh lots (and cry quite a bit too), the soundtrack is superb and even Jonathan enjoyed it although he probably hates to admit it.

Go see it!

16 comments:

  1. I was contemplating dragging the BF to come see this with me, I think I deffo have to go now! x

    sffhcks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this!!! Glad you enjoyed it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds lovely.
    i have never even thought about watching a silent film before, but this looks so interesting.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very different, in a good way! x

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to go see this now, looks lovely! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the trailer and thought it looked great - I really want to see this now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle to imagine having the patience to sit and watch a silent film, but I keep seeing this advertised and a lot of good reviews about it! I may wait a while till I decide to revert to silence, scared of spending the ridiculous cinema prices to be disappointed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo you must! Don't let the fact it's a silent film put you off. After 10 mins or so you forget that it's not like other films and you get sucked into the story. Promise! x

      Delete
  7. Really really want to see this film!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw it on Friday and loved it too. Isn't the dog the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have just got home from seeing this, so good, and very nicely shot too xx
    amber-tanc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! I would love to go and see this xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to see this film! My brother went to see it and said it was amazing. I have to say, I was a bit put off by it being a silent film, but I have heard so many good things about it, that I think I really must see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to see this movie, but as my other half definitely does not I think it's going to be a wait for the dvd scenario! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. I'd go again with ya if you lived closer :) x

      Delete