Rocky Road bars.

29.1.11

My latest baking venture had to be slightly more realistic for my skill-set considering my last attempt was such a disaster. I asked regular baker, Laura, if she had a favourite Rocky Road recipe and she came up trumps with a recipe from the Good to Know website.

I could not stop picking at the goodies whilst mixing up my chocolate mixture!

Jonathan wanted to use milk chocolate instead of plain, as the recipe calls for, so this may have altered the taste slightly. I am of the opinion that recipes should be stuck to, but that's because I'm completely unadventurous! We got everything else on the ingredients list - mini marshmallows, white chocolate drops, milk chocolate drops, maltesers, ginger biscuits, and all the sugar-y syrup-y stuff.

The result wasn't bad for my first try. However, due to impatience the chocolate mixture probably wasn't cool enough before we mixed in the goodies so it completely melted the white and milk chocolate drops. Next time I would let the mixture cool fully and use a different biscuit to ginger biscuits as they're not my favourite. I can't wait to try this out again! It was super easy to make.

It is very tasty - we still have loads left so I fear I will look like Rocky Road by the end of the week.


I would definitely make this again - it's so easy! Click here for the recipe to have a go yourself!

23 comments:

  1. Mmm... they look yummy; calorific! But amazing all the same :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Rocky Road and use Nigella's recipe. I'm loving the ginger biscuit idea, I usually use Rich Tea, that might be better for you if you're not a ginger biscuit fan? XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miss Lucy - Yes great idea for Rich Tea. I'd definitely use something like that next time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO!!!! Why did I click on this?? Those look far too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! These look so yummy! I wanted to do some baking this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy, they have so many things I love in them! I am the same as you, I worry a lot about straying away from the exact ingredients as I worry they will go totally wrong! Not an experimental cooker :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made rocky road like two weeks ago. It did not last at the weekend! How good is it with a cuppa tea?

    Georgie
    xx

    http://styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh, this looks amazing! I would have to do so much exercise to get rid of the guilt, but it would be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks tasty! Thanks for the recipe link, I really want to try it. I dread to think of the mess I'll make though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has made me so hungry! Will definitely try it soon! X
    badez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been requested that I make more of this for work soon, it's such a fail safe recipe and you can pick and choose what you put in
    (for some reason I'm thinking dolly mix would look awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rocky roads are always amazing and this looks totally delicious. Send me some please =)


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look amazing but extremely tempting to eat at once....not sure that's a good thing!

    http://teacupsandbuttondrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM!! These look delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  15. i absolutely adore rocky road so will defs be making this recipe! looks sooo good! x

    http://gh0stparties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm these look so delicious! Going to give it a go tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made Rocky Road last week for the first time using a Nigella recipe, it went sooo wrong but still tasted good, these ones look much better then mine did! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look far too yummy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. yum! i want to make these - will not help the diet though :S

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made this the other day - its great for using up store cupboard stuff. I think I just melted two big bars of milk chocolate, added some marshmellows, butter, broken up digestive biccies and a few tbs of golden syrup and it was gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the recipe, I'm gonna try it out on Monday for my mums birthday. I may post about it too bpdxo.blogspot.com XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look great and inspired me to make some of my own. I'm veggie so didn't use marshmallows but added in some crunchie, cranberries and raisins. Really love your blog, so much so that I spent hours reading back through all of your older posts!

    ReplyDelete