The Magician's Nephew. C.S. Lewis.

15.1.11

In my resolutions post I said I would make more time to read in 2011, and 2 weeks in that's exactly what I've done. I may have started off with a children's book with pictures, but what the heck!

I've got the full set of Narnia books complete with my Sister's name in the front. They must be about 20 years old at least. The Magician's Nephew is the first in the series and to ease me back into reading, this became my bedtime read.



I don't remember the story at all from when I was little. It sets the scene for how Narnia was created and how the witch (and the lamp post!) came to be there. It's a nice easy read, perfect for fans of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe who want to know what happened before that story.

Best of all, it's a book with pictures!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Narnia series, they were (and still are!) my absolute favourite books when I was little :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! i'm reading this book at the moment too! going to read the full series that i was given when i was a child! It's cute and the pictures are quite sweet too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Narina series books. Myine however dont have suh lovely photos in mine, as your second photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Narnia! Seriously. Have been to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader three times now, am pretty sure its my favourite film of all time. My boyfriend thinks I am a complete loser! I haven't told him that Ben Barnes is a key factor in my love for the film. Think its high time I read the books again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i used to love reading these when i was little, my sis and i had the box set as mum used to like them so much!

    ReplyDelete