Review: Benefit Bad Gal brown

19.2.10

I got this for my birthday and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you. This is a fairly new addition to Benefit and I first tried it out when I received a makeover at one of the Benefit counters last November (click HERE to read that post).

The wand is much smaller than the original Bad gal wand which I know some people struggle with (although I quite like it). And of course the colour is a lovely brown which I thought would compliment my brown eyes and new brown hair nicely.


As you can see it is a nice, subtle mascara which requires a couple of coats to get the desired look. I love the wand and find that it really seperates my lashes as it coats them and the wand doesn't get messy with excess mascara and clumpy bits.

I think this is a real winner and perfect if you have pale lashes but you don't want an extreme black lashed look. Without mascara on my eyelashes are virtually undetectable so this works great for me.

It retails at £15.50 so it's not cheap but I'm hoping I'll get a lot of use out of it :)


9 comments:

  1. It looks lovely on you. My lashes are virtually invisible without mascara too! Am hoping to get them tinted at some stage..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Bad Gal black and Bad Gal plum which are beautiful! My mum uses this one the brown and she loves it too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog!
    Best of luck! ;)

    Follow me if you want on http://ptitevalentine-be.blogspot.com/

    x Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been contemplating buying Bad Gal mascara, I currently use Lancome Hypnose and I'm told Bad Gal is a cheaper alternative.

    Thanks for the review!

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I have tried the normal Bad Gal but I really didn't care for it. This really suits your eyes though, brown is definitely the way to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment! You have a very nice blog, and you dog? OMG fantastic!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely. I'm very fair skinned and find that black mascara can look a bit much at times.

    I quite like the original Bad Gal so I may have to try this out!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looks really nice on you but I think that's cos you brown eyes, I tried brown mascara before and I just looked abit odd, but mine are greyish blue. I think for those with brown hazel and green it will probably look really flattering. I just wanted to say I really do love your blog V, you and the little puggies are one of my faves xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Bad Gal Plum, and I LOVE it! I wear it nearly everyday.

    ReplyDelete