In & Out

12.2.10

In

American Apparel are opening a new store in Leeds - wahey! I can get a good look at the clothes now instead of relying on the website. Also I really resent paying P&P (cheapskate).

Antiques. Ever since I visited a proper antiques shop at the weekend I have become obsessed with owning old things :) I really want some vintage typewriters although I have no idea where I would put them! In the future I would love to have a house with a study/library where I could display my vintage typewriters alongside all my books and a huge comfy chair for reading :)


Finding awesome blogs. I'm always finding new little treasures - here are some of my recent new reads: Life of a Twenty Somethingoh emma, & Canned Fashion. If you are reading this and you're new let me know your blog link in the comments! I'd love to have a read.

Baking. I don't enjoy cooking but baking is something I can definitely get excited about. I recently made the Hummingbird cake from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook that my friend got me for my birthday and it was a-maz-ing! My next attempt is going to be marshmallow cupcakes! Yum. Actually baking isn't too hard as long as you have all the right ingredients and some scales to weigh everything out. It's just a case of getting the mixture right and decorating it to look pretty :)

Watching movies. This is always 'in' for me because I adore watching dvds and going to the cinema. Recently I re-watched He's Just Not That Into You and Girl Interrupted, and 500 Days of Summer is on constantly. At the cinema I last saw Sherlock Holmes and I'd like to go see Valentine's Day, The Princess & The Frog and The Book of Eli. My friend has lent me Marley & Me and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas on dvd but I'm not quite ready for the major crying fest.

Out

Missing blonde hair a little. You guys need to keep telling me I look better as a brunette! *fishes for compliments.* I think I'm struggling with the makeup change. As a blonde I could just stick some bronzer on and a little mascara and I was good to go but now I feel like I need a face transplant or something! Last time this was my regular hair colour I wore little to no makeup so it's certainly a challenge!

Uncertainty about the future. I'd love to be one of those people who have a career and life planned out but I tend to just take things as they come and occasionally I make silly choices. But they, that's life I guess! Everything happens for a reason.


Struggling with my weight loss and having a couple of seriously bad weeks - there was a flurry of birthdays and meals out/cake/alcohol/general face stuffing. I need to get back on track with the WLC but I fear I have fallen well and truly off the track. I'm hoping when I start my permanent job my routine will get back to normal and I won't have time for mid afternoon cake breaks. Temping and an odd routine isn't ideal especially for someone like me who is a creature of habit!

All photos - www.weheartit.com
Click HERE to see what I heart.

27 comments:

  1. there's an american apparel store?! omg i am so excited, i've missed aa so much! & the brown hair looks great, just think of it this way - now you can have new clothes to match your new hair colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the mention! I'm honoured.

    Re: weight loss, I really think that getting back into a routine will really help. When I'm at home I just snack and snack, forget lunch and then binge on cupcakes, whereas at work I have a very exact eating pattern.

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the picture of the little library room, it looks so cosy! I'd love to have one of those in my house (when I'm old/well off enough to have my own!).

    I'm getting into baking a bit now too, I've made cupcakes, cookies, flapjacks and I'm about to attempt a cheesecake, wish me luck!

    Don't worry about your brunette makeup, make the most of being able to wear a smoky eye (it can sometimes look like a panda on blondes, sorry Taylor Momsen!).

    Oh and I'm new too! Check out my blog please! http://emeraldgreen88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I have always wanted a vintage typewriter and looked for ages so please let me know if you have any luck! :)
    I love antiques too and live near a brill one and I ususally drag the boyfriend there to mooch about and say 'oooo when we get our place, lets buy this and this and THIS' he he :)
    Also, your new hair colour IS beautiful and so suits you! It's always something to get use to when you change your colour drastically and you do need to re look at make-up and colours but your adjust and get the hang of it all soon :)
    Also, I know what you feel about the life thing! I sometimes freak out and think 'Ahhh what is going to happen, where am I going to end up etc' but you know what...life would be boring if we knew everything now! We need to follow the little yellow brick road like Dorothy did to see what happens and hopefully find a lovely Emreled city ourselves :)
    I hope your happy lovely, thats the longest comment I have ever left on a blog!! He he!! :)

    Adorable post hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm starting out in the blogging world, http://laurali87.blogspot.com

    Love your blog, and can totally relate with the guy/girl crushes! 500 days of summer.. what awesome casting!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hummingbird bakery cookbook!
    I actually made the marshmallow cupcakes last week and they were delicious! Attempting the red velvet cake tomorrow :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey my dear!! great post, cant wait to see valentines day in cinema!! What will you be doing in your new permenant job? Ru still doing your beauty course?
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a full time job definitely helps with the snacks! Trust me!!

    I just started a blog! Feel free to check it out :)

    http://sparklingskies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love your blog - More posts please! Check out my blog at Matchesfashion.com here's the link http://blog.matchesfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my brother will be pleased to hear about american apparel in leeds!
    we have one in bristol but it intimidates me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous with dark hair! It is a huge change but it doesn't have to be forever!

    As for the makeup..doesn't have to be overboard, Nicole Richie..Isabel Lucas, still keep it pretty natural after going dark!

    And my weight is up and down at the moment, and it will be so much easier when you are back into a routine. Don't focus on all the food you know isn't helping, just drink some water with it instead haha :)

    Lauren xxx

    http://laurenrhiannon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently got into owning old things too!! My dad has one of those old old record players with like the gold bell and I love the antiquey look to it! I would love to collect antiques but I'm young and I don't know what I'll do with them once I get older and want to design my own house

    I started blogging a few months ago, feel free to check it out :)

    http://obsessedmakeupaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the big zippy tops from American Apparal, I live in my grey one :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your brown hair :)!!!
    and girl interrupted is one of my all time faves xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo thank you so very much for mentioning me on your blog - it's made my day!

    I've always wanted a study too, one utterly filled with old vintage, yellow paged hardbacked books lining the walls.

    My guy found this lovely vintage typewriter [which he took me a photograph of - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeofatwentysomething/4263538430/ ]. I think it was going rather cheap too, but I could just see me spending ages just dusting it to make it shine! They are out there somewhere!!

    Have a lovely weekend and thank you once again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. American Apparel had recently open here in Dublin, I love hanging around there once in a while... mostly everything are lively and colourful...

    Sometimes, I have uncertainties in life too but I choose to let it be for I know everything happens for a reason :D

    I'll see you around Viktoria, cheers!

    http://www.tyusdei.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoop for American Apparel coming to Leeds- do you know whereabouts it will be? I want to get more of the jersey skirts in different colours!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good news about American Apparel coming to Leeds, I love shopping in Leeds when I stay with my parents, the shops have got so much better since I moved away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh heavens! I know what you mean about missing a hair color. I recently dyed my red hair to a strawberry blonde and all I can think about is how much I miss the red :( But I love the blonde as well.

    http://roxxybelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not really a big fan of American Apparell to be honest =\

    ReplyDelete
  21. Baking = the best!!

    I love your blog, its so lovely and honest and your dogs are the cutest thing!!

    And you do look good as a brunette! It'll just be because you're so used to being blonde :)

    The blogs that you have recommended are also really interesting. I've recently started one but it isn't very good so far!! (www.lauraaloves.blogspot.com)

    Hope the bad things go away or get better soon!

    Love Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute post ;)
    I <3 your hair, but at least it's going to give you a new lease of life for your make up skills eh eh?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love antiques! I would love to have an antiquesque bedroom!
    I left you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The antique shops in Sheffield are really, really amazing. You MUST visit them! Also, AMAZING NEWS about the American Apparel store - when and where?

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is on Briggate where USC used to be (at the top end). Can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore your blog, oh and after reading your blog sometime ago, I also decided I needed to kick my arse into gear and lose some weight. I've just started a new fashion / beauty blog and blogged about my weight loss. Please check it out if you can, I'd appreciate your visit.
    www.alexawilson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete