Film review: 500 Days of Summer

1.2.10

At the weekend the bf and I rented a couple of films; District 9 and 500 Days of Summer (can you tell which one was his choice and which one was mine?) Everyone raved about 500 Days of Summer being really good and I missed it at the cinema so I couldn't wait to rent the DVD. I love Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is gorgeous :) Plus I'm a sucker for love stories - even though this one isn't very conventional!


As always I won't give the story or the ending away because when I watch films I like to have no idea of the outcome and I'd hate to spoil it for anyone, but as the picture above says "This is not a love story.. it's a story about love". It's not the usual boy meets girl, they fall in love, happily ever after type film. The stereotypical behaviour of boys and girls has been reversed and Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is the one doing all the chasing whilst Summer (Zooey Deschanel) is the commitment-phobe. Normally I like her characters (Yes Man, Elf, Failure to Launch) but towards the end of this film I actually hated her!

I really enjoyed this film and I would recommend it to all your girlies and your boyfriends too (mine enjoyed it but I'm not sure how much was due to the beautiful Zooey..) I will definitely add this to my DVD collection at some point!


I don't know about you but I love Zooey Deschanel's style. She always looks so quirky and different yet really pretty. She makes me want to go back to my natural hair colour and get a fringe (I actually rocked that hair style at primary school. I was way ahead of my time!) Enjoy the pretty pics...


All photos - www.weheartit.com
Want to see what I heart? Click HERE. xxx

26 comments:

  1. I loved District 9! I've ordered it on DVD but it still hasn't arrived! I really want to see 500 days of summer but I'm going to wait until the price of the DVD goes down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her hair, and 500 days of summer is such a great film! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend watched District 9 a while ago and has been talking in a South African accent ever since!
    I was disappointed with 500 Days of Summer but it's probably because like you say, Zooey's character wasn't very likeable!

    http://emeraldgreen88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a HUGE fan of Zoeey D. Glad you liked the film, i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved 500 days of summer - i made my bf go to the cinema :}

    Definately a film with a twist :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh she is so pretty! This is on my list of chick flicks to see! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I loved this film, and i know what you mean I started to hate Summer's character too. Zooey is just so cute though, and she always looks amazing she's definitely a style icon of mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this film yesterday because I loved it when I saw it :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wanted to see this film when it came out, will have to get hold of it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE 500 days of Summer and the soundtrack is amzing too! Zoey's style is fab!
    Great post as always chick!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to see this movie :) Cute pics, she is v. beauitful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this again yesterday- love it! I love her hair- it makes me want to have a choppy big fringe and wear ribbon in my hair!

    Soundtrack is so good too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a good movie :) I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to see this for ages... you've made me want to see it more now!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore Zooey, but I haven't seen this film yet!
    She has great style :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love that film! Been obsessed since I saw it at the cinema - hallelujah for it finally being on dvd!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We went to see this at the cinema and I just loved it so much. I am slightly obsessed with Zooey Dechanel. She does that wonderful quirky vintage thing so perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only saw this the other day too. It was good but I kinda felt depressed by the end, but I guess it wasn't a 'love story', as they said. Zoeey is gorgeous though. Although District 9 is more my sort of movie hehe :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. im so despo to see this film!! & your write up has made me want to see it all the more. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know what to make of District 9 but I actually really liked it.
    500 days of summer I also quite enjoyed. This lad is so cute - I liked him when he was in 10 things I hate about you.

    She is very pretty and quirky as you say, reminds me a little bit of Katy Perry! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been meaning to watch this movie, somehow I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll definitely have give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldnt remember the name of this film, I saw it on the plane on my way to the UK - loved it too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love love lovee 500 days of summer, one of my favourites from 2009 x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved this movie! I saw it at the cinema and forgot about it until I saw your post.
    I'm defiantly going to have to buy this one.

    I loved Zooey in The Happening.

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. 500 Days of Summer was one of the best films I saw last summmer.Good choice!

    And oh to look like Zooey... some girls have all the luck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love 500 days of summer. but i totally empathise with zoey's character being a total commitment phobe! though if it were hoseph gordon-levitt i think i mite be able to get over my phobia :p xx

    ReplyDelete